It seems like I have decided to do far too many antagonists for this project. I was thinking of creating a video for it since I was doing quite well with my video editing project. Although I could also do both. I will base how iconic the antagonists are based on my opinion, which would be to look at what they have done in order to become the villain. And also look at other factors of popularity, for example Bowser from Mario is a given because of how popular the games are.
- Bowser – Super Mario series (1985-) Is Iconic purely because it is the villain of the Nintendo mascot, plus it is in a lot of games and also successfully steals Peach all… the…time!
- Gannondorf – The Legend of Zelda series (1986-) Gannondorf has to be on the list because it is a part of one of the best and biggest franchises from Nintendo of all time! And he is practically a part of something big in the Zelda games as he owns the Tri Force of Courage.
- Dr. Eggman – Sonic the Hedgehog series (1991-) Somehow always manages to get the chaos emeralds and then you defeat him and he seems to be quite challenging in all of the games really.
- Kefka Palazzo – Final Fantasy VI (1994) Destroys the whole world during the beginning of the game. Speaks for itself.
- Arthas – Warcraft series (1994-) Goes mental after picking up a cursed sword and has a whole expansion all to himself in the World of Warcraft series.
- Albert Wesker – Resident Evil series (1996-)
- Uka Uka – Crash Bandicoot series (1996-) The mastermind of everything evil because he is evil.
- Sephiroth – Final Fantasy VII (1997) Also known as the ‘One-Winged Angel’ He is iconic because he is similar to Kefka, it’s just that he is an internal psychopath and can get under anyone’s skin by the things he does and says. And you can see him kill one of the characters. You can see the katana piercing through Aerith.
- Gruntilda Winkybunion – Banjo-Kazooie series (1998) She is just a nice addition to the list and she comes up with some wicked ideas and machinery. And her design is just as what the name itself would suggest. Witch like and a bit dirty and probably smells of onions.
- Psycho Mantis – Metal Gear Solid series (1998-) Has one of the most interesting fights ever.
- Pyramid Head – Silent Hill (2001) Most feared antagonist and enemy of all time.
- Archie – Pokémon series (2002-) Wants to drown the whole world
- Maxie – Pokémon series (2002-) Wants to dry out the whole world
- GLaDOS – Portal series (2007-) She is just hilarious and she plays the good and evil character in the games.
- Vaas Montenegro – Far Cry 3 (2012) Once again, a good evil psychopath.
I think that this list is more doable and now I can find more information about these characters as well which will help me with the information that I will need to include in my infographic or video.